The special unglazed Purple Clay Tea Set is perfect for tea-making process and make all teas taste better. Chinese teacups are low and wide and can seem small by Western standards. They are large enough for one or two sips. This underlines the main aspect of traditional Chinese tea-making — “quality better then quantity”, enjoy every drop of tea in small amounts.
The teapot made by Purple Clay (Zisha) has a brilliant breathability and lets easily control the time of brewing tea. After using it during some time, it will be more elegant, charming and keep the aroma of tea. So, it’s better to brew only one type of tea in the teapot. This makes tea steeped in Purple Clay teapot much more rich and deep than steeped any other way. The flavor will have more layers and a more interesting texture and feeling in the mouth.
Purple clay teapots are better to use for brewing Pu-erh teas, Black teas, Oolong teas. To brew Green teas is recommended to use glass, porcelain or glazed teapots.
After buying the new teapot:
- Boil teapot in a pot of water for five minutes. This will free the pores of any residue from the firing process
- Infuse a tea in the teapot for 10-15 seconds and pour it into a bowl much bigger than the teapot itself. Repeat this process until the bowl is full
- Sink the teapot in the bowl of tea for 15-20 minutes
- Rinse with fresh boiling water and allow to dry totally
- The new teapot is ready for its first use
The tea will seem lighter the first few times because the pot is still absorbing much of the flavor. After about 3-4 uses, the pot starts to give flavor back to the tea.