Eye of Phoenix is the name one of the highest quality handmade green teas producing in Fujian province. Tea leaves are picking during spring season when they have fresh taste and soft texture. Each pearl is carefully rolled by hand making small balls in the size of bird’s eye and stored until the time when jasmine starts to bloom. Then tea absorbs the fragrant essence of fresh opened jasmine flowers, giving unique sweet and aromatic smell to the pearls. Being filled with hot water
jasmine pearl tea will slowly unroll like opening flower. Tea drink has fresh and stable fragrance with delicious and soft taste.
Jasmine green tea can be served with almost everything or just by itself. Also possible to use it both as hot drink and iced tea.
How to prepare:
- it’s recommended to use glass Gaiwan or glass pot to make this tea;
- put enough pearls to cover the bottom of the cup with a single layer;
- start heating about 2 to 3 cups of fresh, filtered water until you get Shrimp Eyes (140-160F). Shrimp eyes are tiny, pinhead sized bubbles on the bottom of pan. It is the point where you first start seeing bubbles in the water. This mean that the water is around 160 degrees, making it perfect for this really delicate green tea. When these tiny bubbles totally cover the bottom of the pan, pour the water into the Gaiwan;
- cover and wait about a minute until the pearls start opening, then watch as they settle, occasionally gently stirring the liquid but not open the cover;
- in 2-3 minutes the tea is ready.
Better to use glass Gaiwan or glass pot to make this tea. Optimal water temperature is 175-185F. Steep the tea for the first time about 2-3 min in the glass pot and 10-20 sec in Gaiwan. This tea can be infused 2-3 times in the glass pot and 3-5 times in Gaiwan, gradually increasing infusion time.